Kismet is a powerful wireless network detection and analysis tool that is used by network administrators and security professionals to monitor and analyze wireless traffic. If you want to install Kismet on your system, here are the steps you can follow:
- Download the latest version of Kismet from the official website (https://www.kismetwireless.net/).
- Extract the downloaded file to a location on your system.
- Navigate to the extracted directory and run the configuration script by entering the following command in the terminal:
- After the configuration script finishes, run the following command to compile and install Kismet:
make && make install
- Kismet is now installed on your system. However, in order to use it, you will need to have a wireless network interface card that is supported by Kismet. You can check the list of supported cards on the Kismet website.
- Once you have a supported wireless card, you can run Kismet by entering the following command in the terminal:
- Kismet will start up and display a graphical user interface. From here, you can select your wireless card from the drop-down menu and start scanning for wireless networks.